Thursday, February 12, 2015

Her name!

Obviously from the title of this entire blog, her name isn't a surprise or something we were planning to keep a secret.  We went back and forth with about 5-10 different names.  Gianna, Roxie, Everly, Ellis, Lucy, Stella, Piper, and Sloane were all on the list.

The name we finally settled on is --
EVANGELINE!!!  Surprise!!  ;)
I think it's so pretty and classic.  We will call her Evie for short, because one thing I decided I definitely wanted was for her name to end in the -e sound.  You know, Laney, Chloe, and now Evie.

The other thing that we loved about this name was the meaning.  Her name means "good news". I can't think of any better news than that she will be joining our family.

I can't wait for the day when we can share her picture!  She is a doll!  I just want to squeeze her and kiss her!  But more than that, I can't wait for the day when I actually can squeeze and kiss her!

We love you, Evie!  We can't wait to meet you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment